Last modified: 6 October 2019
1. Who is responsible for managing my information?
www.britalians.tv (also referred to in this notice as the “Site” and the “Services”) is owned and maintained by Hire Creative Industry Ltd trading as Britalians TV (also referred to in this notice as “we” “us” or “our”), a company registered in England and Wales under company number 09723188 with a registered office at Camden Collective Auction Rooms, 5-7 Buck Street, London, United Kingdom, NW1 8NJ.
This policy was last updated on 06/10/2019, in response to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation – referred to, throughout, as GDPR.
“You” means the user of our Site and Services;
“We, us and our” means Hire Creative Industry Ltd trading as Britalians TV, whose
trading address and registered office is Collective Auction Rooms, 5-7 Buck St, Camden Town, London NW1 8NJ. Registered in England and Wales, Company Number 09723188;
“Services” means all the services available at www.britalians.tv
“Site” means the site located at www.britalians.tv
3. Data Protection Legislation
Hire Creative Industry Ltd trading as Britalians TV is your Data Controller. We regard the lawful and correct treatment of your personal information by us as very important to our business. To this end we fully endorse and adhere to data protection law in the UK.
4. What personal information do we collect?
As an online community, we use the information you give us to improve our service and to tailor your experience through the site around your interests and professional background. For this reason, our reason for processing data under GDPR is, for the most part, based on Legitimate Interests.
We appreciate that, on joining our network, you have trusted us with your data.
With this in mind, we pledge to respect your privacy, and be open about what we collect and how we use it. We will go to all reasonable lengths to ensure your data is kept safe. We will work with you to ensure you are able to exercise the rights granted to you, as a data subject under GDPR. You can contact us using the contact details set out below.
We collect personal information from you when you sign-up to or otherwise use our Site and Services. We may also collect information from you if you access or use our Site’s other features and communicating with us directly.
We may process data including the following personal information about you, where supplied: Name (first and last name), date of birth, address(es), email, telephone number(s), photographs, video and audio clips, IP address.
Please note, that as many of our Services are primarily promotional tools, personal data included in these public profiles may be accessible by other users of the Site and Services and/or the public via wide circulation or redistribution, and via our historical archives. Therefore you should never include any personal data on your profile that you would wish to remain private.
We also collect website usage information. We do this using cookies (see section 22 below).
4.1 Visiting our website
If you visit our website, we will log your IP address and aggregate details about site usage.
4.2 Registration and subscription details
If you register with us and/or subscribe to certain Services, your registration and subscription details will be retained by us for the purposes of administering your account. Details we process for this purpose include: your name, address, email address and account passwords.
We will also collect your date of birth for verification purposes, and to confirm you are over 18 years old. In exceptional circumstances, we may ask you to confirm your date of birth as a security question for identification purposes.
4.3 Your profile(s) and other content
If you upload a profile and other content, this will be visible to other users in accordance with the Services we provide to them. The information included within your profile varies depending on what type of user you are. Some information is required, and some is optional – this will be made clear at the point the information is requested. You can manually edit and/or rectify most of your data.
You will have the choice whether your telephone number is made visible to other registered users.
We will not publish your real age, but if you are an actor or other performer, you may be required to provide a playing age.
5. How will we use your personal information?
We (or third party data processors acting on our behalf) may collect, store, use and share your personal information. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following purposes:
- Visiting our Site: if you visit our Site, we will log your IP address and aggregate details about site usage;
- to provide you with the information, products and services you ask for, and honour any contract you have with us;
- Registration and subscription details: if you register with us and/or subscribe to certain Services, your registration and subscription details will be retained by us for the purposes of administering your account. Details we process for this purpose include: your name, address, email address and account passwords*****. Where required for our Services, your payment details will be collected and used by our third party payment provider for administering payments on our behalf. We may access such details to address any queries or confirm payments.
- Collect your date of birth to confirm you are over 18 years old.
- Our Services, including making your public profile information available to other users of the Services: if you upload a profile and other content, this will be visible to other users in accordance with the Services we provide to them. The information included within your profile varies depending on what type of user you are. Some information is required, and some is optional – this will be made clear at the point the information is requested. You will have the choice whether your telephone number is made visible to other registered users. Your email and postal addresses are not visible to other users and your telephone number is not visible to unregistered and registered users (unless you voluntarily enter any of these details in a free text field). Your profile may be picked up by third party search engines, such as Google. We will not publish your real age, but if you are an actor or other candidate, you may be required to provide a playing age.
- Allow you to use our interactive services if you want to;
- Tell you about other goods and services that might interest you. We will also let other people do this, and we (or they) may contact you.
- to answer your enquiries or otherwise communicate with you;
- internal record keeping;
- to notify you of other products and/or services that we think will be of interest to you (you can unsubscribe from these communications at any time);
- to improve our Site and services;
- to verify your identity;
- for market research and analysis;
- If you are a new customer, you will only be contacted if you agree to it.
Please note: We don’t identify individuals to our advertisers, but we do give them aggregate information to help them reach their target audience, and we may use the information we have collected to display advertisements to that audience.
7. Who will we share your information with?
In order to provide you with the products and services that we offer we may share your information with carefully selected and trusted third parties in the following circumstances:
- subcontractors assisting us in providing our Site and Services to our users;
- website administration and maintenance, and quality control;
- third parties who are involved in furthering research and technology in areas connected with our services.
- complying with the law, or to enforce our Terms and Conditions or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves, our customers or other third parties.
- checking your compliance with our terms and conditions;
- investigating complaints and conducting risk assessments; and
- we may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the event we sell or buy businesses or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if we have a legal obligation to do so, or in order to protect other people’s property, safety or rights
- We can exchange information with others to protect against fraud or credit risks.
Wherever possible only information contained within your public profile would be released to such third parties.
8. Where we store your data?
By giving us your personal data, you agree to this arrangement. We will do what we reasonably can to keep your data secure.
Payments will be encrypted. If we give you a password, you must keep it confidential. Please don’t share it. Although we try to provide protection, we cannot guarantee complete security for your data, and you take the risk that any sending of that data turns out to be not secure despite our efforts.
9. How do we collect your personal data?
We collect the majority of personal data directly from you. Other information about you, eg. your previous roles or productions, may be collected from publicly available sources.
10. How long will we hold your information for?
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
11. Use of your personal data by other users
Personal data within your profile, or otherwise submitted by you as content for the Site, may be accessed by other users in accordance with the Services provided to them. Whilst we seek to ensure all users agree to our terms and conditions, we are not responsible for the use or misuse of your personal data by other users.
However, you may report to us if you experience any misuse of your personal data by any other user or third party in relation to our Site or Services. We may, at your expense, reasonably cooperate with you in enforcing our contractual terms against other users who have misused your personal data.
12. Sensitive personal data
We only collect or process sensitive personal data where directly relevant or incidental to the provision of our Services, for example where –
- your profile (including text, photos, videos and other images of you) reveals racial or ethnic origin;
- steps taken to monitor or ensure non-discrimination in the provision of our Services involves the use of sensitive personal data; or
- actions taken to prevent or detect illegal activities give rise to the processing of actual or alleged offences.
13. Special category data
We only collect or process special category data where directly relevant or incidental to the provision of our Services, for example where:
- your profile (including text, photos and other images of you) reveals racial or ethnic origin;
- you have opted to disclose your membership to an industry union, such as Equity;
- steps taken to monitor or ensure non-discrimination in the provision of our Services involves the use of sensitive personal data; and/or
- actions taken to prevent or detect illegal activities give rise to the processing of actual or alleged offences.
14. Use of your personal data by other users
Personal data within your profile, or otherwise submitted by you as content for the Site, may be accessed by other users in accordance with the Services provided to them. Whilst we seek to ensure all users agree to our terms of service, we are not responsible for the use or misuse of your personal data by other users (including, by way of example, any misuse of a candidate’s personal data by casting professionals, film-makers or other employers).
However, you may report to us if you experience any misuse of your personal data by any other user or third party in relation to our Site or Services. We shall, at your expense, reasonably cooperate with you in enforcing our contractual terms against other users who have misused your personal data.
15. Disclosure of your personal data to other third parties
We may disclose your personal data for the purposes outlined at paragraph 5 above to third parties where relevant to such purpose, including:
- our service providers and professional advisers;
- governmental bodies and law enforcement authorities;
- any purchaser or (on terms of confidentiality) likely purchaser of our business; and
- other third parties where required or permitted by law.
16. Storage and security of your personal data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Your personal data is stored in electronic and physical records maintained by us and/or our service providers. Whilst our offices are located in the UK, our service providers may have servers located in a country within or outside of the European Economic Area, whose laws may not provide the same protection for personal data as within the European Union.
We keep your information for as long as we need to do in order to fulfil the service we offer, or to comply with requests from law enforcement agencies or regulators.
Please note that given the nature of the internet, data transmitted over our Site or by email is not completely secure from unauthorised access or misuse.
17. Your rights
You can ask us not to use your data for marketing. You can do this by ticking the relevant boxes on our forms, or by contacting us at any time at email@example.com.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like to access a copy of the information held on you please write to Britalians TV, Camden Collective Auction Rooms, 5-7 Buck Street, London, United Kingdom, NW1 8NJ or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond within one calendar month, and won’t charge you to access your information.
However, please note that no information can be released by us until your identification has been verified.
18. Updating Personal Information
If you have provided us with personal information, it is your responsibility to ensure that it is correct and up to date. This will enable us to provide you with the best service possible.
Please contact us as soon as possible at email@example.com if you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Removal of your details from our Site
You may request removal of your profile(s) from our Site at any time. Please see our terms and conditions.
We may however retain certain your aspects of your profile and other personal details on our internal systems for the purposes of maintaining records of our dealings with you, and ease of reactivating your account should you re-apply. These records general identifying information such as name and email address.
19. Marketing communications from us and third parties
We may send you marketing materials by email, or contact you by telephone for marketing purposes. We will only do this if relevant to the Services provided to you or otherwise with your consent.
If you are a user subscribed to our Site, you will have the option whether or not to receive communications (using our internal messaging system) from certain third party service providers. You may change your mind at any time by updating your profile settings.
If you recommend a friend to us for our Services, we may contact such friend using contact details provided by you in order to enquire whether they are interested in our Services. It is your responsibility to inform your friend that we may contact them in this way and ensure that they are happy for us to do so.
20. Link to other Site
21. Website Payments
We will retain only Paypal payment details briefly (the duration of time it takes to complete each transaction) whilst bookings are made through our Site. Payment card details are not stored on our servers.
Our Extended Validation Secure Socket Layer software (SSL) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all personal information including credit card numbers, names and addresses. This encryption has the objective of ensuring that nothing can be read as it travels over the Internet to our chosen fully PCI DSS compliant payment service providers https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/home for processing.
If you experience any payment problems when placing a booking request via our Site, we advise you to resubmit your payment details. If your payment still fails, please contact your card issuer, to ensure there are no problems with your account, before contacting our customer services team.
23. Our commitment to security
We employ security measures to prevent unauthorized access to information that we collect online. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
25. Removal of your details from our Site
You may request removal of your profile(s) and data from our Site at any time, though we ask that you put such requests in writing.
26. Queries and Requests
We welcome you to contact us if you wish to exercise any of your other rights under GDPR. These include:
- your right to be informed
- your right to access and correct personal data
- your right to erasure
- your right to data portability
- your right to object to data processing
- your rights relating to automated decision making and profiling
All cases will be reviewed individually, in accordance with this policy, alongside GDPR and other relevant legislation.
Hire Creative Industry Ltd
Camden Collective Auction Rooms
5-7 Buck Street, London
United Kingdom, NW1 8NJ
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us at the following address:
Hire Creative Industry Ltd [trading as Britalians TV], Camden Collective Auction Rooms, 5-7 Buck Street, London, United Kingdom, NW1 8NJ